Adolescent-focused Motivational Interviewing
Research shows Motivational Interviewing (MI) is one of the most effective techniques for communicating with youth and young adults around behavior change. Watch Dr. Jennifer Salerno lead an interactive session on MI basics designed to help providers and professionals improve their skills and comfort in using this effective approach for risk reduction coaching.
Talking Tech! Using RAAPS to Identify Adolescent Risk and Support Positive Changes
With guest speaker, Mary Parsons, EdD, MS, FNP-BC, a nurse practitioner in the school-based wellness centers in Wicomico County, Maryland, this webinar will present a brief introduction and demonstration of the RAAPS risk identification and reduction technology – including best practices from the field, such as:
- Incorporating RAAPS into visits
- Follow-up and SBIRT requirements
- CQI and meeting SBHA Quality Health Indicators
- Reporting and Sustainability
Taking ACTion on Adolescent Sexual Health
In the two years since the launch of our Adolescent Counseling Technology (ACT) for Sexual Health we've learned a lot – both from participating youth, and from the providers and professionals using the system.
With guest speaker Amy Hackman, RN, FNP, this webinar presents the data and key findings we've learned so far, including:
- Impact on practice management
- Youth response and outcomes
- A brief demonstration of the ACT for Sexual Health technology
- A case-based presentation from a busy adolescent clinic
Best Practices in Youth Risk Screening
Whether you are new to risk screening or looking to evolve your current process, this webinar will share relevant best practices gleaned from the providers and professionals who have screened hundreds of thousands of youth.
Topics will include:
- Adolescent screening guidelines
- Evaluation criteria: what should you consider when selecting a screening tool?
- Developing practice-specific screening work flows that work
- Counseling: tackling tough topics & ensuring a standardized, evidence-based approach
- Integrating parents into the process
- Post-screening follow-up: referral management, resources, & reporting