Possibilities for Change delivers practical, evidence-based, tools and communication strategies to help providers more effectively identify and reduce risk behaviors in adolescents and young adults.
Specializing in Adolescent Behavior Change
Connecting with adolescents and young adults can be challenging. Traditional health care approaches have produced smaller decreases in morbidity and mortality for young people than with any other age group. P4C provides specialized resources, tailored specifically for the needs of youth and the providers who work with them. We understand the day-to-day realities of your practice (including limited time, resources, and outcomes reporting requirements).
RAAPS Risk Assessment & Counseling System
The Rapid Assessment for Adolescent Preventive Services© (RAAPS) is a validated risk assessment & counseling system designed especially for professionals working with 9-24 year olds. RAAPS cloud-based system offers unique and practical features for busy offices, including:
- A tablet based assessment interface and short-form assessments that can be completed in just 5-7 minutes
- Workflow that notifies the provider of identified risks before the youth even enters the exam or counseling room
- A counseling support platform with evidence-based messaging for providers across diverse risk topics
- Outcomes and risk-trend reporting
ACT - Adolescent Counseling Technologies
ACT modules provide interactive and engaging, technology-based counseling and risk-reduction plans tailored to stage-of-change. Optional text messages provide ongoing support. ACT modules work independently or within the RAAPS system. The suite of modules includes ACT for Sexual Health and ACT for Tobacco Use.
- Tailored to the needs & learning preferences of teens & young adults
- Standardized, technology-based approach ensures consistent care
- Minimizes provider barriers of time, specialized expertise and comfort-level
Adolescent Focused Motivational Interviewing Training
Communicating effectively with adolescents requires a specialized approach. Our interactive training teaches you to use motivational interviewing strategies which improve your ability to identify risk behaviors, communicate effectively and motivate adolescents toward positive behavior changes. Training options include:
- Onsite workshops: introductory to advanced sessions
- Online learning modules: with CE credit available
- Customized training based on your organization’s need