A health professional skilled in MI can create an environment that allows adolescent patients to disclose information about their risk behaviors, improve their motivation to change and to seek advice on how to do so.
Learning to apply MI in real-world practice requires a hands-on and interactive approach.
Did you know? Most professionals have never had formal training in effective communication strategies for working with teens to reduce their risky behaviors
- A professional’s lack of skills and confidence are the biggest BARRIERS to providing effective risk reduction counseling to teens
- Giving information alone is not enough to promote behavior change and often causes more resistance in teens
100% of participants in P4C Motivational Interviewing Workshops believe they will apply the new skills learned in their everyday practice and found the practice-based learning to be extremely helpful.
- "The practicing and activities normally create some anxiety for me, but it was minimized in this training due to the facilitators. They were very helpful and supportive."
- "I have been to other MI trainings, this is the most interactive and educational. I feel way more confident than I did before the class!"
- "This was one of the best interactive trainings that I have attended, giving me practical tools to take back and use with teens."
- "I learned a lot about the way to word my interviews and that I was not doing as well as I thought I was."
- "Everything I learned in this workshop is applicable to my work, I plan to use it all!"
Find the MI training solution for your organization or group
Our workshops support effective adult learning by providing a dynamic and engaging experience for participants. Standardized onsite workshops include: half-day (4 hour) to one, or two-day offerings. All trainings include:
- Hands-on instruction by a clinician with expertise in adolescent behavior change and motivational interviewing (MI) strategies
- Up to four (4) hours of pre-event planning and post-event follow-up
- Electronic files of all training materials
Online Training Modules:
All one and two day workshops include access to an online suite of interactive training modules. Participants who complete the online modules and at least one full day training session will be eligible for 12 social work or nursing continuing education (CE) credits.
Our expert MI trainers can develop a customized curriculum based on your organization’s specific objectives.